Please help us in supporting Rachel as she undergoes the long journey to recovery from Leukemia. Follow her journey here:

Saturday, January 17, 2009

'SC Sweet Tomato Saturdays

I love our Sweet Tomato Saturdays. I have such a fun time chatting with friends; some we haven't seen since the last lunch date, while others I saw just the day before. Either way it's fun to be with them and eat all the yummy healthy food and ice cream you want!

This tradition started in 2006, when we had friends (the Merckers) graduate from 'SC and move out to Vegas. It seemed that every time we headed into Vegas to visit family the Merckers were head to Southern Cal to do the same. So we started meeting at Sweet Tomatoes as they headed out of town. The running joke for the next year was "I guess we'll meet you at the same place at the same time?". When we moved here we switched the day from Friday at noon to Saturday at 11am.

We try to meet monthly but lives get busy and we miss every now and then. The biggest change however is that our small foursome has grown. 2 other couples from 'SC have transplanted out her and we've had kids. When all of us are together we have to get a table for 8 adults and 3 highchairs!

See ya next month- same place, same day and same time!

(Back to front): Me, Rachel and Mike, Val and Adam Ravitch, Joel holding Alexis Purles with Jasmine behind the camera. Missing: Matt, Julie and Grant Mercker. (Picture courtesy of Jasmine Dec. 13, 2007)

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Thanks for the photo credit! :) (I do such lovely work, don't I?)

I agree--Sweet Tomatoes Saturdays are AWESOME!