Please help us in supporting Rachel as she undergoes the long journey to recovery from Leukemia. Follow her journey here:

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tumbling

I enrolled Rachel in a tumbling class at the community center on Friday mornings. She LOVES it! Dad had the day off to travel to California for Lindsey's wedding and was able to join us for a class and took pictures for me.

We start with stretching (and yes mom can still touch her toes :) )
then move to that days circuit, which changes half way through class.

Rachel doesn't do everything but she picks and chooses what she wants to do that day. She does have a few favorites, such as swinging on the bar,


using the spring board,

and crawling through the tunnel. I couldn't get her out of it!

She's also learning how to walk on a balance beam and

how to do somersaults. We tried cartwheels one week with little success.

This class is a highlight of her week. She's even made a friend in the class who happens to go to church with us too. So we get to see her at least twice a week. When this class is over I'm going to have to re-enroll her because to get her to leave I have to bribe her with snacks.

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

That looks like great mommy-daughter time :)