Please help us in supporting Rachel as she undergoes the long journey to recovery from Leukemia. Follow her journey here:

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fun Times With Rachel

Warning: A bunch of videos

Before we do our art project at the library we go early enough to participate in Storytime. They welcome all the kids individually with a "Hello Song" They clap the rhythym to "Hello Rachel, How are you?" Rachel has picked up on this and says hello to everything just like the lady at storytime. She stops, gets the name of the item even if it's "that" and says "hello that" while clapping... you'll see.


She took a short time out to play with the blocks and was back.




We had a good laugh the other night when she was spinning in circles so much that she fell over and couldn't stand back up. Unfortunately, with the camera on her she would stop to come see her picture so she didn't get to that point.




One afternoon while Rachel's friend was over, his mom and I stayed in the living room while the two of them went off and played. We heard tons of giggling and assumed they were playing on the slide. Later, we found out we were wrong. Rachel had taught him how to jump off the bed on to the lovesac. On Sunday, after dinner our husbands were supervising the chaos and video taped our children.




She also enjoys a pillow fight if you couldn't tell from the beginning of this clip. And I'm sorry for my child being in only a diaper, again. I feel like she's always in just a diaper, but I promise I do put clothes on her. She was finished with dinner before I was, so I couldn't get her redressed. And yes she still seems to miss the bib and get it all over her clothes, so we still strip her down for messy meals.

Rachel is obsessed with her letters. We play match with them, spend any where from 30-60 mins on starfall.com, we play with the fridge magnets, point out all the letters we see, and sing the ABC song. When done in order she only misses 3/4 but normally substitutes it for something that starts with that letter.


Potty Update:
We do laugh when Rachel's around. Mike asked her if she wanted to go try using the potty (we're successful about twice a day) and Rachel replied "2 treats" and held up 2 fingers, one on each hand. Mike said, "we get 2 treats for going poopies and only 1 treat for pee pee". Once again Rachel said "2 treats" and Mike said "no 1 treat". Rachel quickly responded "5!" She must have decided she needed to start her negotiations off higher and then maybe she'd get what she wanted. Good luck with that!

Toddler Bed Update:
We seem to be having success. She goes to bed and doesn't come out until she wakes up for both bedtime and naptime. Only problem I have is that she's sleeping less. Her naps are getting shorter and she's waking up earlier. No pattern has been revealed yet, so I'm hoping over the next few days she'll be more consistant so I can my sleep/clean schedule around hers.

2 comments:

Nick and Katherine said...

LOVE her negotiation tactics!!! She must have stolen them from me. :)

Jasmine said...

Your potty story reminded me of a story my aunt shared about my cousin, Keith, and my uncle, Mike. (I think Keith was four at the time.), and I just had to share it with you. It went something like this:

Keith was trying to get Mike to flip him up in the air, which Mike did not want to do. They were soon engaged in negotiations:

Mike: How about just two times.
Keith: Four.
Mike: Two.
Keith: Three.
Mike: Two.
Keith: One.
Mike: OK!
Then, after receiving his one,
Keith: OK, now the two you wanted to do.

He got his three flips.