Please help us in supporting Rachel as she undergoes the long journey to recovery from Leukemia. Follow her journey here:

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Face Full of Carpet

If your not friends with Mike on facebook this will be new news for you. If you are friends with Mike on facebook then you probably have already read his version of Rachel's accident on Tuesday. To quote Mike:

Well, it finally happened. After many near misses and angry looks from Shelly, I finally dropped Rachel on her face. Smack on the kisser. Poor thing. Have a sympathy drink for my little girl for there will (probably) be many more moments like this to come.

Yep that's right, he dropped her. Not a nice little drop. He had her like a sack of potatoes over his shoulder because they were playing and he went to flip her off his shoulder and his hands slipped and she over rotated and fell to the floor- face first. I think she would have been fine if it wasn't bedtime and she didn't have the pacifier in her mouth. Fortunately, no blood she just cried (and she's tough kid who doesn't cry over anything like that) and didn't want Daddy to hold her. Do you blame her? We calmed her down and gave her some Motrin in case she had a headache, sent her to bed, and checked on her later to make sure she didn't have a concussion or anything.

The next morning I woke up and got Rachel out of bed
and discovered a swollen lip that's bruised from where I think it got squished between her pacifier and teeth. I tried to take a picture but you really can't tell since it's not the outside of her lip. She seems to subconsciously remember the incident because if you ask about an "ouchy" she doesn't mention her lip but isn't comfortable with Mike holding her still. She'll ask for me.

Which I'm no longer Mama, I've become Mommy (it's kind
a sad) and then today after her nap I was just "Mom!". Then there's the other name she calls me, "Baby" apparently I refer to her as baby a little too often.

Here are some pictures from today's art time. They made butterflies out of coffee filters.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Ouch! At least there wasn't any blood or broken teeth. She'll soon forget all about it and let Mike hold her again....but maybe not like a sack of potatoes.

Hall Family said...

Poor Rachel!!! Poor daddy too! Since she's "punishing" him with not wanting to go to him. You guys have way too much fun with the crafts! We really need something like that here!! :)