Please help us in supporting Rachel as she undergoes the long journey to recovery from Leukemia. Follow her journey here:

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sacrifice

Mom can we go outside?
sure, you have 10 minutes until quiet time

just a few minutes pass when I have to go running downstairs and out the door to see why Rachel is crying sounding hurt. The hot sand had burnt the bottom of her feet. I carried her inside and then went to get Ashley from the one shady spot left that the girls had been hiding in. I was surprised that Ashley hadn't been crying too, but didn't dwell much on it. Got the girls all in the house and into the living room and told them they could go play when the sand cools down later tonight.

Rachel then says, "Mommy, I pick Ashley up when the sand was warm so it wouldn't hurt her feet, but it hurt mine!"

I couldn't help but hug her and love her for her thoughtful self-sacrificing service to her little sister.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

aaah so sweet!!!! What a great story to treasure and tell them when they're older! :)

Rachel said...

I'm SO sweet!