
... off the tree.
The most bizarre scenario unfolded before me yesterday as I was walking the dog to get the mail. I heard a young girl say, "Help, Help me." Not panicky or yelling, but loud enough for me to hear. I look up and she's tied to a tree!
I go about minding my own business assuming she's playing with friends and wasn't talking to me. She wasn't stuggling or freaking out like I would be, just calmly standing there with her back up against a tree. After the dog did her thing and I cleaned up after her, I realized there were no other kids.
I asked her if she'd like help, because I'm still assuming this is a game and didn't want to ruin it. She accepted my offer, so I untied her. Who would leave someone tied to a tree? It was a bizarre finding.
I never got the story from her because Rachel needed me but my bet is that it was a boys doing, wether a brother or neighborhood friend. I told Mike that and he asked why it had a to be a boy.
"only boys would do something like that," I said
"Your cousins (both girls a couple years older than me) wouldn't have thought twice about tying you to a tree and leaving you there"
"Yeah, you're probably right"
"See vindictive girls are just as mean as boys"
Where the blame lies with boys or girls we'll never know.
4 comments:
That's so bizarre. I wonder who got in trouble over that one after the girl went home and told her parents?
how funny and bizarre!! I bet you're her hero though! :)
Poor girl, I would love to find out what really happened to her. Good for you for getting her undone!
What horrible things have you told your husband about me and my involvment in your childhood????? I think you've grosly misrepresented me and my expression of LOVE via Cabbage Patch dolls.
Post a Comment