I finally took Rachel for her 15 month check up even though in a week and a half she'll be 16 months and discovered the Lucas/Hameier gene must be prominent in our child. She is measuring in at 29 1/2 inches short putting her in the 10-25% bracket. She's a shorty. In case you're not familiar with Rachel's height chances I'll fill ya in. On my side: My mom is the shortest in her family at 5'9'' while my dad is the tallest at 5'5''. On Mike's side. His mom's family has the short gene while his dad got the tall gene. So she's got a 50/50 chance of being really short or really tall. But then again, Mike and I seemed to round out the middle.
The other stats aren't as interesting 22.7 lbs (25-50%) and head circumference is 46cm (perfectly average- 50%)
The doctor asked if she was walking. I said yeah she's started running and spinning in circles.
The doctor asked if she had at least 20 words. Yes, Doctor we counted not to long ago and passed 50 and stopped counting. Her newest words are move, snap, evening (other 3 syllable words include strawberry and library- she does say banana but hers is only 2 syllables because there is no ba)
I asked the doctor if it was still normal at this age for her to putting everything in her mouth. The dr. assured me it was. What's gross is that Rachel has taken to licking everything including doors, windowsills, and carpet. I'm very creeped out.
1 comment:
hahahaha My kids lick doors and windows too. I caught Makaya doing it recently and she's 4! I couldn't believe it! haha It sounds like Rachel is growing just right :)
Post a Comment