Please help us in supporting Rachel as she undergoes the long journey to recovery from Leukemia. Follow her journey here:

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Poopy clothes and crying to sleep

Does anyone else's child have a favorite outfit to get poopy? Every time I put Rachel in her cute overall outfit within the first couple hours I'll have to change her out of it. I thought I would be safe because it's been a few weeks since having to change her out of an outfit during the day, so I dressed her this morning in her overalls and low and behold 2 hours later I'm changing her out of it into something else! Why that outfit and how does she know she's in it?! Those overalls must have some bad karma.

and... why do babies feel the need to cry before sleeping? You know they're tired, so you do them a favor to lay them in their bed and they proceed to cry. Depending on how tired Rachel is determines on how much energy she puts into her cry. This mornings was very weak... a little wah followed by hard sucking on the pacifier, then a pause and repeat a few times with each pause getting longer. I'd love it if someone carried me to bed so I could sleep in the middle of the morning.

5 comments:

Hall Family said...

is it the diapers? (her pooping out) i noticed that was my kiddos problem whenever it happened (either the size or it's just the diaper). But I do remember that happening in just certain outfits...mine was the spitting up! haha good luck! :)

Hall Family said...

oh yeah: she cries because she knows you guys are Partying without her! haha

Paige said...

Hyrum would cry harder when he was overly tired. Maybe try putting Rachel to bed a few minutes sooner and she might cry a little bit less?

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Joy always used to have blowouts at church. Serious fun, I'm telling you.

mama lemons said...

I feel for you! No matter what the outfit or where we were we had issues with poop down the leg and up the back. I too changed diaper brands and found that his poop has stayed contained....for now! Oh, check the food, I know if he eats certian things there tends to be more sustance...kind of like a cleaning out!