It's 6am and I hear Rachel calling out for me the way little ones do with one cry at a time. I fumble for my glasses and head to her room for her breakfast feeding hoping that since it's only 6am she'll go back to sleep. I feed her and she seems to be falling to sleep so I lay her down and Yes! she doesn't wake up. I head back to bed, take the glasses off put them on the table next to the bed and lay my head on the pillow and Rachel calls for me again. I repeat the process of getting the glasses and heading to her room (at this point I'm really glad we didn't opt for the roommate style apartment, it would be a pain in the butt to walk to the other side of the apartment every time she wanted me). I'm greeted with my huge good morning mommy smile, I'm awake and not going back to sleep. So she and I play for about an hour before she's going back to sleep. You know where I'm headed! Back to bed. I give Mike a kiss morning since he's now up getting ready for work and quickly start falling back to sleep. Mike leaves around 7:30am after a semi - conscience goodbye I'm soundly sleeping with Duchess curled up next to me.
It's 8am... my cell phone rings waking me up. Surprisingly I'm wide awake as soon as I answer it. It's Mike calling to tell me that he's going to be late for work. I wonder to myself why he's calling me to tell me that. I do my wifely duty and ask why he's running late. He tells me that he was in a fender bender. The offending fender bender picture is below...


That doesn't look like a fender bender to me. Mike skid into the back of a Nissan and his grill made contact with the other guys bumper. By 10am, after getting to Mike, and following him to the repair shop and then to Enterprise I finally was leaving the car rental place. The guy at the auto shop looked at the damage and told Mike since the car is a '98 it will probably be totaled. I was glad when this morning was finally over. So to Wednesday, I say Good Morning and Good Riddance.
Oh a couple side notes:
No one was hurt, The other car only had a few scratches on their bumper, The repair shop called and said it looked worse than it was there's a good chance the car isn't totaled!
5 comments:
What a morning! Fender benders (or whatever you'd call that more-than-a-fender-bender) are the worst! We're still dealing with crap from ours in October. An SUV rammed into our rear. Of course the only thing on his vehicle that was damaged was the license plate. Our trunk was basically smashed. Fun fun fun. :)
Blah!
Good luck!
nice to know. sorry shell, todd has a way of crashing every car he comes in conctact with..
I'm so sorry. Glad no one was hurt, though.
At least no one was hurt! I think it is better to deal with the inconvenience of a broken vehicle than sit in the hospital day after day hoping that someone you love will be healed! Hopefully you got a nap later on in the day.....
Your wed. sounds like my Thursday! I'm glad no one was hurt!! And your hubby was safe!! I'm sorry about the lack of sleep, those days are always "weird!" Love ya!
Post a Comment