After working retail and having all the joy of Christmas sucked dry, I looked forward to being able to feel the Christmas spirit again. I've been sorely disappointed this year in my lack of enthusiasm (which I'm ashamed of). So I've decided that it is not going to happen next year (thankfully Rachel is still clueless about this holiday so I have time) and I'm trying to come up with ways to make it feel more like Christmas.
What are some traditions/ things your families do that make it feel like Christmas for you?
4 comments:
Hi Shelly -
We take a night and decorate the tree, have hot coco, etc. Other nights we drive around and look at lights. We read Christmas stories to Liv before bedtime. We have Christmas DVDs and we made a mix of our family's favorite Christmas tunes that we love pulling out each year. We also have our FHE's on baby Jesus, which Rachel will only start to grasp in years to come. Just thought I'd share - Sarah
I have always collected christmas books and buy a new one each year. I wrap them up and we open one each night in Dec. and read before bed, it sure has been fun. You probably have a good amount after working at B&N. I made a cute advent which has been fun this year that we open up each morning. I don't do much baking, but would love to do more for neighbor, VT, HT and friend gifts, it just feels like Christmas with some good baked goods. I have the Fisher Price Little People nativity, get it if you don't already have it. The past two years Gabrielle has loved it and it is such a great way to teach her the true meaning of Christmas and it is one she can play with! Good Luck. See you in a few weeks.
Decorating is always a big thing for me, and I love making my own decorations. I made my own wreath and a few other items, and it's so much fun to put them up each year. I also love baking Christmas goodies and taking them around to people. My family use to go caroling, so maybe Joel and I will try that when Alexis gets a little older. And I LOVE having Christmas music on.
Our tradition: moving. hahaha
I'm still waiting for our traditions to pan out! i hope next year we'll stay in one spot! :)
Post a Comment