It was my family's turn to enjoy our company for Thanksgiving, so we headed to Houston the weekend before the big day. We had a great time just relaxing and doing absolutely nothing.

Grandma and Rachel played with bubbles. They thought it was especially fun to put them on their noses. But the game had to end when Rachel decided they were yummy and was eating them.
We went to the park and relived our childhood years by having contest to see who could jump the farthest off the swing (shelly), jump the highest off the swing (Mike), went down slides, across monkey bars (which Mike made look very easy), through tunnels, got dizzy on the merry go round, tried to swing on our bellies (Mike could, my mom tried to help me but I was hopeless), and played on the teeter totter and other playground toys.

We celebrated Rachel's 1st birthday there with my friends and neighbors. Rachel really got the hang of opening up gifts. She'll be a pro come Christmas.
My dad amazed us with masterful skill of piling up his plate full of Thanksgiving dinner; not an inch to spare. He didn't find it funny that we were taking this picture.
Mike got his Christmas gift early this year. He got a wii and here he is celebrating his victory over my brother Will in a boxing match.
Brooke and I share December Birthdays, so before we left we celebrated. I was amazed at how many candles were on the cake. In my amazement I mentioned that my mom must have put more than 26 (yes, I turned 26 this year) candles on that cake. She quietly whispered in my ear that it was in fact only 24! You don't realize how many years have passed until you see them sitting on fire on a cake. I don't want to see 50 candles!

We went to the park and relived our childhood years by having contest to see who could jump the farthest off the swing (shelly), jump the highest off the swing (Mike), went down slides, across monkey bars (which Mike made look very easy), through tunnels, got dizzy on the merry go round, tried to swing on our bellies (Mike could, my mom tried to help me but I was hopeless), and played on the teeter totter and other playground toys.
We celebrated Rachel's 1st birthday there with my friends and neighbors. Rachel really got the hang of opening up gifts. She'll be a pro come Christmas.
2 comments:
that baby is cute. holy frick. the pic where she's in the pink tube slide looks JUST like todd. and when the heck did her hair get so BLONDE looking?? and anderson gene's prevail!! :)
What a fun trip! You make me miss home! i'm so jealous you went back :) haha I love Rachel's pink sweater! it's so cute!! And because I probably will miss it, due to the craziness around here: Happy (belated?...early?) birthday!!! I hope you have a good one!!!!
Post a Comment