Please help us in supporting Rachel as she undergoes the long journey to recovery from Leukemia. Follow her journey here:

Monday, August 25, 2008

Home Again

Well, we're home after our long but short visit with my family. Long as in we were there for 3 weeks and short as in the time went too fast. It was alot of fun to be home again. Here are some of the highlights:

Redoing Brooke's room which involved painting it at 10pm at night and not finishing to 1am. "Accidently getting paint on her". Laying down in her bed to sleep and looking up towards the ceiling but not seeing it because the paint fumes were so thick. We proceeded downstairs to the pullout bed. Seeing her in a dust mask while helping my dad cut and lay floorboards. Visiting the same stores overagain looking for the perfect comforter set that didn't require payment in the form of both legs and arms.


Spending the morning at the Houston Zoo. It stormed all around the zoo area that morning but not a drop fell on us while we were there. Anytime Rachel actually saw the animal she would go, "wow" or "oh". She got excited when she saw the water park in the kids section so I took her in and she had fun getting all wet.

Letting Rachel experience rain for the first time. She did not appreciate big drops hitting her on the head or having to stand in puddles, she get pulling her feet up to get them out of the water.


Spending 4 hours out of the house child free with girlfriends! Thu and Tracey came and got me for some girl time. All we did was stroll the mall and then sit at starbucks for 2 1/2 hours doing what females do best- talking. Thanks mom and dad for babysitting.

I left her alone with Grandma Donna for 5 mins while I did my hair for church. When I walked in my mom's room Rachel was playing with nail polish and I looked down and saw pink nail polish on her toes. Thanks Grandma for her first pedicure. When we left Houston she had purple nails to match her outfit!

An afternoon at Kemah. Why is it that if you have a camera every outing becomes more fun?

My favorite part was being home relaxing and watching Rachel be spoiled but not just by Grandma Donna and Pop-pop but by Auntie Brooke, Uncle Will and the neighbors too. We'll see ya in just 3 months for Rachel's first birthday!

2 comments:

The Fife's said...

I am sure Todd is happy to have you back.

Hall Family said...

okay so honestly, somehow I missed this post and I'm not sure how that happened! Anyway, the painting looked like a fun thing family late night thing to do! :) Your bro and sis look so different from when I remember them, Will was just a lil' kid, or so it seemed. The zoo---looks like you guys had fun! When we went the last time...the kids loved the water park too.. it was basically the highlight of the whole trip. I can't remember why, but it was. And your Kemah trip looked fun, I dont think I've ever been to Kemah...so one day when we make it down there, we'll have to try. I'm glad it was a fun-filled trip! Miss you tons!!